There are many different ways to do project management. Some people prefer to do everything themselves, while others rely on a team of project managers. But what if you don’t have the money to hire a team? What if you want to use an app or software to manage your projects more efficiently? Project management software and apps can be great, especially for smaller teams.
Teamwork is undoubtedly one of the best tools for successful project management, but it does cost a lot of money in most cases. In this article, we will show you some of the best alternatives to Teamwork that you can use to manage your project and keep everything organized.
Many organizations choose Teamwork because it helps simplify project management issues, including assigning tasks, communications, creating schedules, and monitoring progress.
- Gantt charts
- Time tracking
- Unlimited free client users
While Teamwork is a decent tool for managing projects, it may not be the most affordable for smaller teams. It also has a relatively confusing interface and may lag when handling large teams.
Top Teamwork Alternatives and Competitors
Here’s our list of the top 15 best Teamwork alternatives and competitors in 2023. Let’s look at what each platform offers and why they might be a good fit for your business.
- monday.com: Best Teamwork alternative for more features
- ClickUp: Best suited for collaborations
- Smartsheet: Ideal Teamwork alternative for reporting
- Wrike: Best for enterprise-grade security
- Zoho Projects: Excellent dashboard and collaboration tools
- WorkOtter: Exceptional customer support
- Asana: Most customizable Teamwork alternative
- Notion: Cheaper Teamwork alternative
- Airtable: Best Teamwork alternative for app development
- Jira: Ideal alternative for agile environments
- Celoxis: Most suitable for reporting and data analysis
- ProofHub: Best for a general subscription rather than per-user billing
- Trello: Best for simplifying tasks and project monitoring
- Workzone: Ideal Teamwork alternative for scheduling
- Basecamp: Simple alternative for every industry
Below is a comprehensive look at each of the best Teamwork alternatives.
Monday.com is one of the best Teamwork alternatives for project management. It is a cloud-based application that allows teams to add tasks, develop new apps, and even boost workflows.
- Project planning and tracking
- Project dashboard
- Exceptional file management
- Individual account: always free
- Basic: $8 per user per month
- Standard: $10 per user per month
- Pro: costs $16 per person per month
- Enterprise: requires users to make contact
Teamwork vs Monday: Why is Monday Better?
Teamwork is limited concerning the scope of project management tasks it can handle. For instance, its reporting and analysis features are not as impressive as those available on Monday.com. Another difference is that monday.com offers budget and resource management features while Teamwork does not. Finally, new organizations on monday.com get live and in-person training as well as documentation and webinars.
Monday offers more flexibility in the team member count
Teamwork requires a minimum number of team members for every plan. On the other hand, Monday allows as few as two people to subscribe to any plan.
Monday has a better interface
Monday.com has a simple interface allowing users to get acquainted within a short time fully. Teamwork’s interface can be confusing sometimes, especially for new users.
Who is Monday.com for?
Monday offers an array of features to suit different industries and projects. It is ideal for small, medium, and large teams.
ClickUp is another excellent task management tool you can turn to. It is a cloud-based alternative to Teamwork, making it easy for you to log on and use it from any location.
- Reporting tools
- Time tracking and project progress monitoring
- Various project templates
- Free plan: available forever
- Unlimited: costs $5 per person per month and is suitable for small teams
- Business: costs $12 per user per month and is best suited for mid-sized teams
- Business Plus: costs $19 per user per month
- Enterprise plan: requires contact with the sales team
Teamwork vs ClickUp: Why is ClickUp Better?
ClickUp offers a simple way for teams to manage projects. Its interface is relatively easy to navigate, while its tracking features offer an excellent way to monitor project progress. While both platforms offer a free forever account with limited features, ClickUp stands out because of its multiple pricing plans. This makes it possible for different teams to choose a plan that most suits their projects.
ClickUp offers exceptional collaboration tools
Teamwork is one of the best project management software because it offers a live chat option. That allows members of any in-house team to exchange ideas through real-time communication.
Who is ClickUp for?
ClickUp stands out as one of the best Teamwork alternatives because it is generally affordable and can be used by small, medium, and large teams.
Smartsheet is a software-as-a-service that allows individuals and teams to manage their projects in an organized manner. This service allows project teams to assign tasks, track progress, and share documents.
- Productivity apps
- File storage
- Message notification alerts
- Task templates
- Free Trial: Smartsheet offers a free 30-day trial
- Pro: $7 per month per user and accommodates a maximum of 10 team members
- Business: $10 per user per month and accommodates a minimum of three team members and an unlimited number of editors
- Enterprise: requires direct contact
Teamwork vs Smartsheet: Why is Smartsheet Better?
Smartsheet is a better alternative because its project management tools are geared toward simplified planning and resource allocation. Smartsheet is packed with features that various teams in small and large organizations can use. Its intuitive design makes it easier to work with. It is also a more versatile option making it possible for people in different industries to use it.
Smartsheet is better at project reporting
Smartsheet has advanced features and functions for project reporting and time tracking. This helps ensure that project managers can compile data that help speed up processes and cut down on wastage.
Who is Smartsheet for?
While small and medium-sized teams can enjoy the Pro and Business plans from this project management tool, it is best suited for organizations running projects at scale with enterprise-grade controls.
Wrike makes it to this list of the best Teamwork alternatives because of its array of project management features and functions. It is another cloud-based alternative.
- Task notifications
- Mobile and desktop apps
- Innovative dashboards
- Free plan: available for teams that are getting started with project management tools
- Team: costs $9,80 per user per month and is ideal for growing teams
- Business: costs $24,80 per user per month and is suitable for any team
- Enterprise: requires direct contact
Teamwork vs Wrike: Why is Wrike Better?
Wrike can handle different types of projects thanks to its diverse templates. It also provides teams a simple way to create tasks and enjoy time tracking through integrations. Wrike is one of the most efficient project management tools for in-house teams.
Wrike offers superior security
Wrike offers enterprise-grade security to ensure protection against hacking or loss of data.
Who is Wrike for?
Wrike is best suited for enterprises.
Zoho Projects is another Teamwork alternative that can work for teams that want to create tasks, assign tasks, measure performance, and stay within due dates. It is also one of the most reliable Teamwork alternatives for remote teams.
Zoho Project Features
- Time tracking
- Customizable charts
- Task automation
- Team collaboration
Zoho Projects Pricing
- Free: available forever and accommodates three users
- Premium: costs $5 per user per month and is suitable for 50 people
- Enterprise plan: costs $10 per user per month with no upper limit
Teamwork vs Zoho Project: Why is Zoho Better?
Zoho is a simple project management tool that allows individuals at different levels of any organization to collaborate easily. This tool allows users to break down tasks into smaller units or subtasks, making it easier for team members to work more efficiently. Zoho also features live online tutorials, which is something missing in Teamwork.
Zoho has an excellent project dashboard
Zoho features a simple dashboard enabling any project manager to get a glance at everything that is happening. On the dashboard, the manager can assign work and monitor progress.
Zoho has all the tools for collaboration
Zoho features boards that make it easy for team members to collaborate. It also allows users to communicate through chat features and email notifications.
Who is Zoho Projects for?
Zoho is suitable for small and medium teams.
WorkOtter is a project management software that allows organizations to improve their portfolio and resource management. It is one of the simplest Teamwork alternatives thanks to its basic build.
- Email and dashboard reports
- Live chat
- Project templates
- Workflow automation
- Integration with third-party apps
- Free version: available forever but with limited functions and features
- Member License: $10 per user per month
- Team License: $20 per user per month
- Manager License: costs $35 per user per month
Teamwork vs WorkOtter: Why is WorkOtter Better?
WorkOtter features comprehensive reporting tools and allows users to communicate in real time through live chats. With this tool, project managers can collect data regarding multiple projects and use it to forecast possible outcomes. Its reporting features also help managers to carry out a comprehensive post-project analysis.
Exceptional customer support
WorkOtter has one of the most responsive customer support departments.
Who is WorkOtter for?
WorkOtter can be an excellent tool for professionals in various industries. It is suitable for teams of up to 200 users.
Asana is a project management tool available for both mobile and desktop devices. It helps teams organize, monitor, and manage various tasks.
- App integrations
- Kanban boards
- Workload monitoring
- Workflow builder
- Basic: free forever and is suitable for individuals and teams that are getting started with project management software
- Premium: costs $10,99 per user per month billed annually
- Business: costs $24,99 per person billed annually
- Enterprise: requires clients to get in touch for pricing
Teamwork vs Asana: Why is Asana Better?
Asana allows users to integrate many SMB tools into the system. This integration process helps small businesses gain specific advantages when collaborating or handling customer issues. Remember that such businesses may not yet have enough resources to get the necessary SMB tools to ensure success.
Asana is highly customizable, enabling individuals and teams to use it easily.
Who is Asana for?
Asana features tools for small and large teams.
Notion is another excellent project management software that teams use to improve productivity. This tool allows users to create schedules, assign work, monitor task progress, and communicate with team members.
- Scheduling tools
- Personal: free forever and is suitable for individuals
- Plus: costs $8 per user per month when charged annually
- Business: costs $15 per user per month, charged annually
- Enterprise: requires direct contact for pricing
Teamwork vs Notion: Why is Notion Better?
Notion features a simple and customizable interface making it one of the best Teamwork alternatives for every industry. It is one of the best options for projects requiring documents, wikis, and task templates. Notion also has a search feature allowing you to retrieve items through simple keyword searches instead of clicking through hundreds of pages.
Notion is cheaper
Notion is a cheaper alternative to Teamwork. While the difference may seem small, it becomes quite significant when considering that teams can be made up of up to 50 or 100 people.
Who is Notion for?
Notion accommodates small teams that want an affordable management solution.
Airtable is a cloud-based collaboration service that teams can use to work smarter and build new apps.
- Tools for building apps
- Reporting features
- Collaboration tools
- Free: available forever
- Plus: $10 per user per month billed annually
- Pro: $20 per user per month billed annually
- Enterprise: requires users to get in touch for pricing
Teamwork vs Airtable: Why is Airtbale Better?
Airtable features a simple UI and comes with tutorials that make it easy to get acquainted with. Airtable also brings together functions or features in spreadsheets and databases. This makes it a balanced project management tool for just about any industry.
Allows for app development
Instead of just project management functions, Airtable also includes tools to help teams build new apps.
Who is Airtable for?
Airtable is best suited for small to medium teams that want to scale their projects over time.
Jira is a work management software available for desktop and mobile devices.
- Reports and insights
- Scrum and Kanban boards
- Automate workflows
- Open DevOps
- Free: always free and available for up to 10 users
- Standard: $7,75 per user per month
- Premium: $15,52 per user per month on average
- Enterprise: $134,000 per year for teams of up to 801 people
Teamwork vs Jira: Why is Jira Better?
Jira upholds the values of an agile environment, mainly encouraging different team members to work together to achieve a common goal. It also encourages such members to be innovative and open-minded. Jira is also relatively affordable and easy to use.
Jira offers exceptional security
Jira is an excellent project management solution for teams that want to protect sensitive data and manage work effectively.
Who is Jira for?
Jira is an ideal solution for enterprises or large teams.
Celoxis is a resource and project management solution to help teams collaborate easily and improve productivity.
- Project request tracking
- Project planning
- Project accounting
- Portfolio management
- Resource management
- Free: 30-day free trial for all users
- Cloud: $22,50 per user per month billed annually
- On-Premise: requires users to get in touch for pricing
Teamwork vs Celoxis: Why is Celoxis Better?
Celoxis has features that are extremely helpful to decision-makers and business owners. This tool also has budgeting features that help different organizations create accurate budgets for each project they undertake. Celoxis is also exceptionally easy to set up and use.
Celoxis incorporates tools that simplify reporting and data analysis. This makes it a helpful resource for those who need to assess project strengths and weaknesses.
Who is Celoxis for?
Celoxis is best suited for medium and large organizations.
ProofHub is a project management software with plenty of tools for collaboration.
- Time tracking
- Project manager
- Free: trial version lasts for 14 days
- Essential: $45 per month billed annually
- Unlimited Control: $89 per month billed annually
Teamwork vs ProofHub: Why is ProofHub Better?
ProofHub does not have a per-user billing structure, making it a relatively cheaper alternative, especially for large teams. Another thing that makes ProofHub a better option is its multilingual design making it possible for people of different nationalities to use it with greater ease.
No learning curve
ProofHub is designed to be simple and therefore doesn’t have a learning curve.
Who is ProofHub for?
ProofHub is ideal for large teams that require an affordable alternative.
Trello is a simple web-based project management tool for collaboration by teams of varying sizes.
- Unique templates
- Free: available forever
- Standard: $5 per user per month billed annually
- Premium: $10 per user per month billed annually
- Enterprise: $17,50 per user per month billed annually
Teamwork vs Trello: Why is Trello Better?
Trello offers a simple board view so everyone can monitor outstanding tasks and new assignments. Trello is another platform that integrates English, German, Spanish and more. This makes it more accessible to people of different nationalities. It’s worth pointing out that Trello’s free plan affords users more features and functions than Teamwork’s free plan, which has many restrictions.
Trello has visually-appealing templates and work boards for simplifying tasks.
Who is Trello for?
Trello is best suited for teams of up to 100 members.
Workzone is a project management solution that allows teams to share ideas, create schedules, and track tasks.
- Built-in workflows
- Customizable interface
- Free training
- Team: costs $24 per user per month
- Professional: costs $34 per user per month
- Enterprise: costs $43 per user per month
Teamwork vs Workzone: Why is Workzone Better?
Workzone offers some of the best tools for customizable reporting and document sharing. It also incorporates the subtasks feature, which helps teams to break down complex tasks into manageable units. That is something that does not exist in Teamwork.
Workzone excels in scheduling
Workzone offers a simple way to schedule tasks and send out reminders to keep everyone aware of their responsibilities.
Who is Workzone for?
Workzone is ideal for small, medium, and large decentralized teams.
Basecamp is a task management tool for online collaboration by teams and clients.
- Message board
- Scheduling tools
- Task tracking
- Free 30-day trial
- Full version costs $11 per user per month
Teamwork vs Basecamp: Why is Basecamp Better?
Basecamp offers a simple way to manage projects, while Teamwork seeks to provide as many features as possible. Basecamp is a good option for teams that want a simple yet straightforward project management solution. You’ll also be pleased to know that Basecamp does not have a complex learning curve.
Basecamp is simple and affordable
Basecamp provides the most important features for project management only. It is also more affordable than Teamwork.
Who is Basecamp for?
Basecamp is suitable for both small and large teams.
Top Teamwork Competitors: Conclusion
The above-mentioned Teamwork alternatives offer the best solutions to project management. They are packed with features and functions to simplify various tasks.
To find the ideal Teamwork alternative for your needs, consider your organization’s budget and the number of team members. That information should help you determine the most suitable Teamwork alternative to pick.